Norton is a well-known antivirus brand. And it was developed by Symantec. It provides many customization features to its users and allows them to detect viruses. It also protects your system and prevents you from getting infected by malware or viruses. You can use it for system and data security purposes. The best option to get rid of multiple kinds of issues related to Norton is to go for tech support for Norton.
Sometimes when a user tries to run a quick scan to check the system. During the scanning process, an error shows up. It is very annoying to get an error like this especially when the scanning process is just about to complete.
It may because of some technical issues and leads to the incomplete scan of your system.
If you are also having this issue. Dial-up the toll-free number anytime.
Here you will get to know a complete process of how to get rid of this issue in just a couple of minutes.
To do so, you have to follow some instructions.
Why does this Norton error appear during the quick scan?
- There may be many reasons behind this error like maybe your registry files in your system are affected by viruses or malware.
- Sometimes this error shows up because during the scanning process some files are being used by the Operating System and the Norton antivirus does not have the access to scan these files.
- In some instances, it also happens when the file is user protected and can’t be accessed for scanning purposes.
- It may also occur if you haven’t updated Norton to its latest version available in the market.
How to troubleshoot Norton errors during the quick scan with the help of Norton tech support?
To fix this error which appears during a quick scan follow the instructions given below.
- At first, kill one by one all the currently opened programs in your system and restart your computer.
- When the system restarts successfully, run a full system scan to know about internal errors.
- Now open your Norton product and locate the main window.
- After that, find the security option and click on the scan and select a full system scan.
- Now run a full system scan using Norton and when the scanning is over click on finish.
Sometimes this error appears during the quick scan because of the failed update. In that case, you have to update Norton to its latest update or uninstall and reinstall it, using Norton Removal and Reinstall tool. You can download this tool from Norton’s official website.